Section A. Information from Merchants
In addition, if you collect any sensitive personal information from your customers (including information relating to medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or sexuality), you agree to obtain affirmative, express consent from your customers for the use and access of sensitive personal information by CannTrade and other third parties.
What information does CannTrade collect from merchants (and why)?
- We collect information including but not necessarily limited to your name, business name, DBA, address, email address, phone number(s) and payment details (for example, your credit card information).
- We use this information to provide you with our Services; for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, provide you with access to deals, etc., and to invoice you. We also use this information to ensure that we comply with legal requirements.
- We collect data about the CT websites that you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account and the CT platform, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about how you browse through the CT interface.
- We use this information to give you access to and improve our Services; for example, to make our platform interface more intuitive and efficient to use.
- We collect personal information about your customers that you share with us or that customers provide while shopping or during checkout.
- We use this information to provide you with our Services and so that you can process orders and better serve your customers.
- We do NOT sell, monetize, or use this non-anonymous data for any other purpose other than fraud protection and to provide you with Services.
- Where we need to verify your identity (for example, if there are concerns around identity theft, or if you call into support and we need to authenticate your account), we may request that you provide us with government-issued identification information.
- We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of decision-making -- for example, we use certain personal information to help us screen accounts for risk or fraud concerns.
- We may use personal information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
When and why do we share this information with Third Parties and/or Partners?
- CT works with third parties and service providers to help provide you with our Services. We may share personal information with them to support these efforts.
- We may also share information in the following circumstances:
- to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
- to conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
- CT will always ask for your consent before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section A.
- Information about and/or from Customers
What information does CannTrade collect from and/or about our merchants’ customers and why?
- We collect information that may include but is not necessarily limited to merchants’ customers’ name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address, information about orders you initiate, information about the CannTrade supported merchant stores visited, and information about the device and browser used.
- We use this information to provide our merchants with the Services, including supporting and processing orders, risk and fraud screening, authentication, and payments. We also use this information to improve our Services.
- We may store and use this information to help pre-fill checkout information. We additionally use this information to help customize and improve user experience when visiting a merchant store.
- We do NOT sell, monetize, or use this non-anonymous data for any other purpose other than those listed above.
- Other Data Collection
CannTrade Collects the following data and use this information to verify your account, to provide and enhance our Services (including supporting or servicing your account, if applicable), and answer any questions you may have.
- From telephone support users, we may collect your phone number, call audio, and other personal information you provide us during our call. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, we may request additional documentation from you during our call to verify your identity.
- From chat support users, we may collect your name, email address, information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, chat transcript, and other personal information you provide us during our chat. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, we may request additional documentation from you during our chat to verify your identity.
- From forum users, we may collect your name, email address, website URL, and other personal information you may post.
- Information from cookies and similar tracking technologies
A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
- We may also use web beacons, software development kits, and other automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
- For how long do we retain your personal information?
- In general, we keep your personal information throughout your relationship with us. For merchants, this means we will keep your information as long as you maintain an account on the CannTrade platform. For partners, this means we will keep your information until you inform us that you wish to terminate your partner relationship with us. For our merchants’ customers, we generally process your information solely as a data processor on behalf of our merchants, and it is up to the merchant to determine how long they will store your information in our systems.
- Once you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes such as to defend a contractual claim or for audit purposes and to comply with the law, except when we receive a valid erasure request, or, if you are a merchant, you terminate your account and your personal information is purged pursuant to our standard purge process.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
- What we don’t do with your personal information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to other companies (other than to specific CannTrade merchants you are interacting with, or to third party apps or service providers being used by the merchants you are interacting with) for the marketing of their own products or services.
- If you are a merchant using CannTrade’s Services, we do not use the personal information we collect from you or your customers to independently contact or market to your customers. However, CannTrade may contact or market to your customers if we obtain their information from another organic business source.
- How do we keep your information and data secure?
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other personal information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems.
- We perform periodic audits to ensure the handling of your credit card information aligns with industry guidelines, and in fact, no credit card information is stored on CannTrade. All credit card information is vaulted by a third party security company with the highest level compliance available.
- Because no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. However, we can guarantee that our practices and level of security are industry best.
- Control over and access to your personal information
CannTrade understands and asserts that you have rights over your personal information, and takes reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port, or limit the use of your personal information. If you are a merchant or a partner, you can update many types of personal information, such as payment or contact information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your personal information within your account settings, or if you are concerned about data collected as you visit CannTrade.com or use our support services, please contact us to make the required changes. If you are a merchant’s customer and wish to exercise these rights, please contact the merchants you interacted with directly -- we serve as a processor on their behalf, and can only forward your request to them to allow them to respond. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the Services may not function properly.
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how CannTrade processes your personal data, please contact CannTrade by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Creation of Anonymous Data.
We may create anonymous data records from information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. This anonymous data is used in many ways, including to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our website and the related services and improve site navigation.
We reserves the right, and you hereby grant us an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to use, sell, sublicense through multiple levels, and disclose anonymous and anonymized data to third-party companies for any lawful purpose.
- Information We May Receive From Third Parties.
CT may receive information about you from third parties such as, Facebook Connect, Google Plus, Etc. The third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account, an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you made public in connection with that service.
If you allow us access to your friends list, your friends' user IDs and your connection to those friends may be used and stored to make your experience more social, and to allow you to invite your friends to use our website or related services as well as provide you with updates if and when your friends join the website or services.
Please review the privacy settings on the third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or related service.
By providingfeedback to us regarding any of our services, you give us the irrevocable, royalty-free right to use such feedback for any purpose, provided we will not associate such feedback with your personally identifiable information.
- Choicesand opting in/out
We may offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your information where doing so is practicable. For example, we may periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our website or related services and may contain advertisements for third-party companies.
When you receive such communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail or by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
- Updating this policy
Last updated: January 1, 2020
© 2020 CannTrade